If you’ve already read our guide to buying a car, then you know that getting covered by car insurance is an important step in the car ownership process in the United States. Not only is insurance important to protect you in case of an accident, but it is also required by law.
A quick search of “car insurance” yields endless results; there are differences in what coverage is required even between states here, and the number of options are endless. We know that the process of getting insured from start to finish can seem overwhelming to anyone, especially foreign nationals just getting the hang of things the American way, so we put together the International Student Guide to Car Insurance. We will discuss:
- Deciding what coverage you need
- What paperwork you need to gather
- How the quoting process works
- How to get the best price
- Deciding which insurance company is right for you
- What to do once you are insured